Where is Pompeii?
- Pompeii is located in Southern Italy.
- Its location is near the Bay of Naples
- Pompeii is about 150 miles to the Southwest of Rome.
What is Pompeii?
- Pompeii was a resort city where many rich people would stay and visit.
- The city became well known when it was engulfed by ash from Mt. Vesuvius
Why is Pompeii Important?
- Pompeii is important to Romans because of its luxioury and resort-like nature.
- Pompeii is also important because it gives people a view of life in Ancient Roman times.
Who was Pompeii built for?
- Pompeii was built by the Oscans
- Pompeii was originally called Colonia Veneria Cornelia Pompeii for the person who conqured the Pompeii area and for Venus the goddess of love.
What was Pompeii made from?
- Pompeii was made from all types of stones, such as granite and marble.
When was Pompeii built?
- Pompeii was built of founded in about 600 BC.
When was Pompeii destroyed?
- Pompeii was destroyed by Mount Vesuvius on August 24th, 79AD.
- In 63AD, Pompeii was damaged by an earthquake.